Creating NumPy Array
- Creating a NumPy array is quite easy. You just have to import numpy library and there, you are good to go.
- Numpy array object is known as ndarray.
- We can create this object with either arange() or array() function.
- In the code below np is the alias name that I have given for numpy. Now, I don’t have to write numpy every time instead I can use np.
- We can also use lists, set or any array-like object with array() function to create numpy array
Some common attributes of numpy array
- dtype :Data type object returns data type of items in array
- ndim : Returns the number of dimension of an array
- shape : Returns tuples consisting shape of an array
- size : Returns the size of an array
- itemsize : Returns number of bytes required for storing each element in an array