In this article, we will learn how to use the Server Profiler in SQL Server.
Microsoft SQL Server Profiler is a graphical user interface for tracing, recreating, and troubleshooting problems in MS SQL Server, Microsoft’s relational database management system. We can capture and save data about each event to a table or file to analyze later.
For example, we can monitor a production environment to see which stored procedure is affecting performance.
SQL Server Profiler is used for activities such as:
- To find the cause of the problem, stepping through problem queries.
- Finding and diagnosing slow-running queries.
- Capturing the series of Transact-SQL statements that lead to a problem.
- To tune workloads, monitoring the performance of SQL Server.
- Correlating performance counters to diagnose problems.
You can start the SQL Profiler from within SQL Server Management Studio, click on Tools menu -> SQL Server Profiler.
Set Trace Name and click Run.
Now we can trace or monitor SQL results.
Also, check How To Use Date Formats In SQL